the end/the beginning

I've just finished my workbook of more than a year... it's quite interesting to have filled it up, and be onto a new one, that will be completely different... Here are some of the last drawings I did in it:




AND THIS IT:


I have also just taken everything off my workspace noticeboard and redone it... I didn't consciously decide to make this a whole fresh start on my work.. but I think it's good.




I finished reading The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom last night. I was truly amazed and inspired by her story, and her family. The message of love and grace out of a story that could have been so filled with bitterness and hatred was astounding. Having recently finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak as well, I felt they were quite good companions, in their utterly different tellings of parts of the same story. Each book made me consider another person's impossible position with true skill...
In case you couldn't tell by my wee review here, I think you should absolutely read them both! If you like reading you will love them and if you don't like reading, then maybe you will after this...
And thank YOU for reading and looking here. It really does make my day.

x H

Comments

KAT ADL'S said…
helen I am loving your work!!! I love the bears and the animals..so cool...gave me a buzz to see them.I havnt done much art wise since gaz finished his chemo..just paddling along at home,Everything has been very disrupted with builders and roofers and mess and dust and getting interrupted every few minutes.But this week back into it.you have inspired me to get going again.
I am liking the interaction between your characters! yaah
And I loved the Book thief..it was so well written.
Helen said…
Thanks Kat! We must do catching up soon! went out to Seacliff for a run today and inspired me to do that trip we talked about...
KAT ADL'S said…
yes we must..I thought it was a good idea of yours to go to Waikouiti,we could go the coast road s I get my Seaclff fix..is Jo finished her thesis\dissertation? yet.Next week?

Popular Posts