dream?

something new to do. My big sissy actually thought this one up... Old pillowcases have lovely pictures on them sometimes. I love it when my beginning materials are kind of unloved and apparently valueless. This pillowcase is horrendously seventies but actually when you look at the floral pattern the flowers are really beautiful. So I am helping them to make you look. I feel a bit weird about this because it seems somewhat akin to colouring-in-books which I have always despised. But it's really fun.

Comments

Elaine Dent said…
What fun. I love how the color seems to emerge, not quite completely, out of the brown outlines.
Ta maman said…
That's very pretty, Heli
Are you just going to highlight one patch of the floral? I suppose the trick is to find an old pillow-case that's not too worn out?

Sorry about the colouring books. I was really against them, even before I was a Playcentre mum!!! What you produced on plain paper without seeing them was just so interesting. AND you didn't have all the frustration of keeping within the lines that seems to have been the main objective for lots of parents and poor kids.
I think you'd like this blog referred to in this morning's ODT by an American who takes cloth bags from re-cycled sheets to the market and who gets the butcher to put her meat purchases in glass jars she brings!
http://zerowastehome.blogspot.com/.
KAT ADL'S said…
I love the process of colouring in.The rhythm and order.lines are for changing and going over.I was a playcentre mum too but when we started traveling with our kids I went hunting for good colouring books and we all had such fun..we altered and doodled and changed stuff.It was nice to have a bit of thinking to start with and then add. Thumbs up helen it looks great.

Popular Posts