better late than never. maybe.


I started an "entry" (I don't know what you call it?) about two weeks ago but got distracted by the promise of hot chocolate and lovely cafe and nice things like that...

So anyway here are some images of the show that out textiles department had a couple of weeks ago. It was really cool that I got to be a part of it; for most of the others it was part of their assessment but for me just a chance to exhibit and practice sticking all my junk on a wall. Also good because I had to actually finish the two framed works that had been "almost finished" for way too long. I have two more being framed currently, and one last thing I am working on now.

Close-up.





There are more beasts than this in reality (and growing all the time) but I only made five shelves. Incidentally, I was probably equally proud of my shelf-making and wall affixing as I was of the actual textile work. Drills are fun.


My work space at Art School. It isn't normally that messy but it had been somewhat of a hectic afternoon... oh excuses.

Why is it that the sun always shines the most when you have to stay inside and write your artist statement? Not long till lunch and beach time...

Comments

Popular Posts