Grid project


The brief for this project was along the lines of "make a painting exploring the notion of "grid" "
..Somewhat daunting for my first painting assignment. I like being told exactly what to do sometimes.

I finally came to the conclusion that for me a grid was just little boxes, places to put things and store them, to be recalled or forgotten. So I made such a collection of little boxes, things I saw, or sought to see, or thought about and imagined. Some stuff is important, some of it was just there. I have been endeavouring to add to it over the semester, but have only just made good this endeavour after several weeks. I liked this because the little paintings weren't too scary for me; they can be rearranged like the thoughts in your head, room can be made for new ones and old ones discarded.

Comments

Popular Posts