all about people


My painting project is all about people. I'm really fascinated with the judgments we make as pass people on the street, like how you might smile, or look away, or say hi... Why do we assume we know about a person from a 3 second glance? Anyway I want my painting to talk about this a little bit. I know your first impression is meant to be 90% accurate or whatever, but I know there is so much more to a person that that first thought you have. We all believe in something, we are all loved, and we all love. Sometimes I find myself forgetting that, which is crazy, but there you go. I should point out that I have written we/you like everybody else does the judging stuff I have been talking about., but it's really from my own personal experience and actions that I make these observations; I'm totally not pointing the finger and saying we SHOULD be doing this or that.


as Ingrid Michaelson sings...

"And we are so fragile
And our cracking bones make noise
And we are just breakable breakable, breakable...
Girls and boys"

p.s. You should probably go and buy her record 'cause she is amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts