me + pen = bird

It's been kind of a struggle for me to make things lately. I don't really know why. I think I've had that blank-white-page-terror. I haven't wanted to make when I've had time. I think I am mostly just afraid of it not being good, when it comes down to it. It's silly, but it's actually been like creative paralysis. Anyway, I was reading a favourite blog of mine this week and as always was in awe of other people's awesomeness. But more importantly, I was reminded that I am here and able and I have got gifts and blessings and sitting on my hands and worrying does not do me or anybody else any service. So I tried. I started. Now I just have to carry on...

They are all rather small. But I like small-ness. Maybe I need to learn to embrace big-ness too. But maybe not in this house. I realised that I love drawing the most and so I got myself some nice new pens to do drawing with... I might need to investigate some more quality artisty pens...




this is my noticeboard/inspiration wall/working drawings currently.





Comments

Elaine Dent said…
Just starting can be the hardest part. Enjoyed seeing your sketches.
Erin said…
I love your pictures Helen. I hate being scared to start something. It's an awful feeling.
In happy news I planted some sunflowers and they have just come out of the ground! I hope they grow to be big and amazing
I miss you lovely one.

Popular Posts