daylight

Number one: listen to Kate Bush. I know you want to. Once you stop laughing at her sweet dance moves you will never be able to get this amazingness out of your head.

a picture for a sister.

On Tuesday mornings I have an hour to use up while Matt has a class and today I used it quite well I thought, by going for a run in the gardens. I had an epic worship playlist, and it was awesome to watch the sun come up on the city...

i like green >


And I have been beginning a new work... turns out paper dolls were more like a means of getting to this, rather than the final product. I still love them though.



Hope the sun shines on your face today
xox

Comments

Elaine Dent said…
Okay, I'm curious. It's the middle of winter, right? Where do all the green leaves come from on your lovely walk?
Helen said…
it's the nearly end of winter :) sort of (it did snow a bit yesterday)...... I could be making a vast generalisation but I think many of New Zealand's native trees are evergreen... so especially at the botanic gardens where I was they have lots of natives.
(Mum if you're reading this kindly correct me...)
Maman said…
Yes, Elaine, Helen's right. NZ native trees and shrubs are evergreen. The first settlers brought many deciduous trees from UK/Europe, and these largish trees such as beeches, oaks,poplars, larches are in the cities - in gardens and especially Botanic Gardens.
Nonetheless, there are buds and new shoots to be seen at the moment. The first rhododendrons are in flower by August. The temperatures in these small islands at this latitude are described as "moderate". It's not like Europe or North America where everything dies for months in Winter. We are still digging carrots from last October's plantings, for example.
Exception=Central Otago-not so far from here-where there can be a big 'freeze' for a month or so. Just severe frosts, the snow doesn't lie for weeks, or anything like that.

Well, sorry about that, Helen, You know me and gardens!!!!
Elaine Dent said…
Now I am envious!!!

Popular Posts