sunshine days...

Here are some things I liked today... and something new I started.









baking bread...


This is what I began. It took me flipping ages to get going, but it's okay so far! There's a sheer layer ( that you can't really see) and it will have the lupins and borage and other flowers for the foreground, but the background on cotton just remains black and white like it. From pictures of Ohau at New Year...

Drawn at Ohau

figuring out drawings...


and the "real" one:



I don't know what to say about the conceptual side of this, cause to be honest mostly I am just wanting to make a pretty picture. I can see a comparison between monumental and tiny, something that I have often pondered through my artwork.
I spend most of my days thinking that I am the monumental mountain, the immovable, the important one, around which other things must shape themselves. But then, in a moment like this at Ohau, when you stand at the lake and see the hills and mountains, you feel more like the flowers; fragile, breakable and impermanent; you see that you're another beautiful part of something bigger than you can imagine.

Forgive my rambling, it's been a while since I tried to make sense in words on a page.

I am reading "eat pray love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, which I was sceptical about, but actually I am quite enjoying her vaguely hilarious writing, and her honesty and diplomacy is kind of inspiring.

Comments

ta maman said…
That is a very cool book! Jo Fielding loaned it to me last year.
The section on PRAY has some very good information, which made a lot of sense to me later on as things developed last year and I learned more of the how and why of Christian meditation.

Popular Posts