becoming...


...excerpt from a note. I just wanted to show you the pictures.




So far this week I have been... deciding that it's time to not just dream about calling myself an artist. Watching movies to make myself sit still and stitch... listening to Taylor Swift, my pop-country love... and deciding that I am going to give up cakes, candy and puddings etc for Lent. This may sound average but I pretty much live for my next sugar-fix so it will be... interesting (Poor Matt). In "preparation" we are having a classic Phat Tuesday pancake feast tonight... Yum.

Progress on this baby:

picking the colours is all that happened this day I think...


some stitches! finally...


and mooooore...

I'm excited about doing the flower colours, that's always my favourite part.

Comments

Ta maman said…
Oh poor Matt! I think for him [who needs his sugar] you should look up the website of "Love Life Live Lent" from the UK where the emphasis is on doing extra, positive things during Lent; making a difference in your community. It sounds a very good idea.

They already tried it and it was a really good thing for Christians of all ages. There's a special section for children, too.
Erin said…
The pancakes were wonderful. I shall make you a feast for after lent. Although that defeats the purpose I suppose... Maybe it could just be a wee Easter celebration? We can have smoothies! And baked fruit and fruit salad. They are all delicious and much better for us than cake and pancakes. Love you

Popular Posts