more! Wolves and other things...


Well this one is a wolfie. Turns out it's quite hard to photograph velvet. I PVA'd his arms to make them loom over his potential prey.


Smug.


A bit of a sicky sad one, this.

We talked about potential pricing of the beasts in class today.
In Site (the end of year exhibition) we can sell our stuff and the school will only take a small cut compared to what a gallery would. so it's a good opportunity to recover your costs a bit! And let people take away your goodies. Anyway I have always felt that these beasts could find a home with friends other than me. But I didn;t really know if people would pay for them. And I would have to charge what seems like a significant price for something so weeny. I would love to do it, but would you pay for it? like $25 or something?

And if I did charge, I would like to be able to give a portion of the money away, to something I care about. Since it's about children in many ways, I would really like to show my support to some organisation that helps kids. Something to do with stopping family violence, like Women's Refuge? I don't even know if there is a specific charity for that in New Zealand.

It makes sense to talk about a pertinent issue using my work. A lot of what I am exploring is to do with the learning that we do in childhood, from stories and actual experiences. The discovery that there is both good and bad and that we have a choice between them. Everybody, every child, should have the opportunity to do their learning in a safe way, and to make well-informed choices. Having been given that security myself I think it's my responsibility to pass it on, in some way. I'm trying to figure out how.

Comments

Ta maman said…
Yes, there is Women's Refuge, but how about looking at Jigsaw?
JIGSAW : Child protection services in New Zealand
Jigsaw is an umbrella group for child abuse preventions services and child protection services in New Zealand.
www.jigsaw.org.nz/ - Cached - Similar

Just an idea from-
ta maman chérie
[qui a beaucoup apprécié le pique-nique que tu as apporté au jardin botanique à Oamaru samedi dernier. Ta grand'mère serait très fière de toi!]
Ta maman said…
One thought at a time!!!!

If you sold them I think you should do a wee miniature folded story-card to go with each one to say WHO it was and maybe a picture of it with its "friends'.
On it then you could mention the organisation you support.
How about contacting the organisation you choose and floating the idea? They might support the marketing?
xoxo

Your little miniature drawings would help SELL the beasties,in my humble opinion.
anna said…
i love these things! i would like the whole set. i'd make them a world in my room that they could live in. it'd be autumn all the time (:

haha i will do the same! add a link from my page to yours i mean. if thats ok?

lots of love xx
Erin said…
I am bored and at work so I thought I would write you a comment. I would buy your wee creatures and have looked through all the photos and found all my favourites. There are many and I don't know how I would pick between them.
Mummo is making me a dress currently and it is pretty. I'm amazed at her ability. It has an invisible zip and everything in it- very fancy sewing.
In fact I could wear it next week one day and visit you (next week I will have no more assignments- ever! just have 4000 words to go...).
Ok my shift has finished now. Love you lots

Popular Posts