some new things!




I don't really know exactly what I'm doing yet, but I have been thinking and trying to get beyond the cutesy girly things I am always so attracted to...

This is my last year of study so I have pretty much one big project to work towards...

I don't know what it will be yet but I know I like people and I like stories, and I need it to be a little darker. Maybe what I mean by that, is I want to acknowledge the darkness of life, the brokenness that is in us. But at the same time, to acknowledge the healing of the broken, and the beauty within the darkness. Really what I currently have is a lot of half thought out ideas but it's only the first week! I'm actually excited about this year, even theory, which I was so scared of... I think I may have finally reclaimed that part of my brain back from the design world where it was languishing in the incredibly obvious, and struggling to find deeper meaning in anything.

Listening to a song called "Before the throne of God above", trying to learn it for worship on Sunday maybe. It's a really beautiful song, incredibly epic, and it makes me all emotional not just for its epic quality, but the first time Matt and I heard it was at a wedding of our friends, and it's a pretty amazing memory. (Hope that link works so you can hear it too!... here's the lyrics too)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I never knew this existed. It's lovely. I especially like the pictures as I have never seen most of them before. I also like your ability to edit your work. Turns out eight year olds aren't good at that and that I am going to have to get used to missing commas, apostrophes, full stops, and evenspaces (like my example?). I forget that writing can be so difficult for some.

In regards to the friends post- I think we are just lucky to be a part of your life.
You're amazing!
Lovings always

Popular Posts