Love... and tall trees

I came to the computer with a view to beginning my essay which is due NEXT Wednesday... upon discovering I seem to have left my memory stick in a school computer, I decided that I could put it off a little longer to write something here.


(this photo is the not quite finished version)

Today I have framed the textiles project (above) I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. after worrying and losing sleep over it, it's done and none of my lecturers told me it was horrible outright, so I'm feeling kind of good. My amazing mother helped me to do the framing. By which I mean she found the frame I could use, helped me clean it, sawed the piece of hardboard I needed to back it (in a straight line, I'm so impressed), took me to the glass shop and got a piece of glass cut, made sure I didn't do the haphazard sloppy job of putting it all together that I would have done had I been on my own, hammered the tacks into the frame perfectly... pretty much everything. Thanks Mummy! I hope I can be as awesome a Mum to my kids one day.
To me what I have made speaks about delight in what is there. To be amazed by the life that I live right now and the wonder in it, instead of hanging out for the "one day" that i trick myself into thinking will be better than what I have now. It's a little prayer, a bit of worship, a way to say WOW, look what we've got already, right now, in this moment... and that I want to remember it, so I can celebrate it and treasure it. It's about when things aren't going so well, to choose to define myself by what IS good, and to remember that I am so blessed. I hope that people can get a bit of that.. or just a bit of something good; a flicker of a smile would be enough.
I have been loving Spring so much this year, today just smelling the smells, seeing the colours. I know I appreciated it when I was small, but I feel like I must have been sleep walking between the ages of 14 and 18, and I've just woken up to all this amazingness. I feel the most alive these days, the most full of joy.. So I hope I can share it.

Comments

Popular Posts