being productive... is being with you



My significant other asked me a significant question. I said yes, of course.

This is the most exciting, most awesome, most scary decision I have ever made, the most important "yes" I have ever uttered. The general reaction has been... "we knew it would happen sometime" followed by congratulatory exclamations.

I alternate between feeling like nothing has changed, and realising I am promising my love and my life to another person, in God's presence. I had always imagined that I would, but telling everybody, announcing this actual intent to marry has somehow made a difference that I cannot put my finger on.

I look forward to learning more and growing more into the life planned out for me with my "life partner". Someone said to us this morning, "You're very young." We know it. But doesn't that make us more anxious to do it right? We are very young. But there is no formula for a human life, we each unfold in our own way.

I have only ever really had one idea about what I want on my wedding day- my friend to sing a song by Brooke Fraser:

Don't you say it's too early Baby I don't wanna waste the day When we've everything on our side And nothing in our way We can do what we wanna 'Cos today the world is ours Nothing gray, just real time and colour In which to whittle away the hours We could speak 'til nothing's left unspoken We could drive 'til we've run out of road We could drink 'til we've emptied the ocean But I'd be happy here Happy just to hold you[Chorus] 'Til the suns and planets disappear I could stay in your arms all year Even if that means infinity through If being productive is being with you Then baby I don't want to waste another day I'll shout aloud what I'm feeling Let my tongue be still no more Now I know that it's the real thing Just try and keep me quiet about it Oh...'Cos we could stare until we both are blinded We could fall 'til gravity gets tired We could lose our love just to re-find it But I'm just happy here Happy staying beside you 'Til the suns and planets disappear I could stay in your arms all year Even if that means infinity through If being productive is being with you Then baby I don't want to waste...'Til the suns and planets disappear I could stay in your arms all those years Even if that means infinity through If being productive is being with you Then baby I don't want to waste another day

Comments

Popular Posts