Textiles...

I have elected to do Textiles - Print for the remainder of the semester... A slightly odd choice considering my previous non-love for screen print... It's messy and takes ages and if you screw up, it's ruined forever, is my general printing philosophy. But I have started a little project that's kinda fun so here we are, printing stuff. The idea is to make a "floral" print, because I am a big fan of the floral print.
BUT, my floral print will not be the biggest most beautiful in-bloom flowers, like many of my favourite dresses. Instead, I've been photographing some weeds, dead leaves etc... the nature that is to be found in my vicinity. I seem to be a big advocate of looking around, taking stock of what's there, appreciating the small things (for example, weeds)... Sometimes it is good to slow down, to look, to listen. There's a lot of wonder that I miss when I'm being important, and I think that's some of what this printing project is about. (Hey, here's a link!)

This leaf was what started me on the nature thing... screen print on lovely op-shop satin.
A wall in my neighbourhood...

What I achieved today... I think it needs more layers or something but it's still a bit exciting.

Comments

Popular Posts